Greetings! If you had to miss the Saturday meeting due to family situations, travel, and/or ministry and mission responsibilities, I wanted to bring you up-to-date concerning decisions and plans for the future with Timothy Ministries.
- Our current USA Treasury (Dick Thompson) had approximately $34,000 as of 14 March, 2008. And, our UK Treasury (Lesley Robinson) had about 2200 Pounds or
$4400 in it. We are solvent and praising God for His provision.
- Current Involvements for March include officiating at the wedding of Rob Tust and
Jodi Dunham in Elkhorn, WI..... a young couple who met on a Timothy mission trip to Frodsham, England. (Timothy Ministries has even "planted" a new family!!! :>) Philip
Allen will represent Timothy Ministries at the Annual Meeting of the Northern Illinois Fellowship of the CCCC, in Chicago. And, Larry & Sue Correll will speak at the Winneconne Christian Fellowship on 5-6 April.
- To honor the ministry of Tom Amundson (one of our dedicated workers who died of cancer in February), those here established a Short-term Mission Scholarship Fundto assist applicants who need help with funding for short-term trips, here or abroad. We allocated a total of $2008 for this year, $2009 for next year, and $2010 for the following year... to be awarded to any number of American local church applicants who meet these criteria:
- have a testimony of a born-again relationship with Jesus Christ, and an ability to express why they are going on a short-term mission trip.
- are going with a church and/or mission organisation that is Bible-based and Christ-centred, and have a legitimate reference from their pastor and/or mission director.
- that the main emphasis of the short-term trip is evangelistic.
- that the applicant has made legitimate attempts to raise funds and still has a need for money to get to 100% of the cost of the trip.
We have sent out notices to our supporting churches & representative donors stating that potential applicants should contact Rudy and Marty Zuniga. They are our contact people for administering Scholarships and are working with our evaluation group (Joe Correll, Philip Allen, Doug Gearhart, and Jean DiBenardo). We hope to be able to quietly help Christians serve their Lord in short-term mission for the next 3 years.
- Future plans for mission trips include:
- 28 March-7 April...Joe Correll in Uruguay, building a YFC Training Centre. We contributed $800 for his contingency fund (tools, construction supplies, food, travel, as needed).
- 8 April-5 October...Larry & Sue in California, assisting and teaching a church in crisis, developing leadership and mission for the future. Those here made the decision to continue Larry & Sue's basic salary package (base pay, social security, & ministry expenses) during the 6 month work in CA)
- 20 October-12 November...Larry & Sue in Belgium, assisting David Doyen in leadership training and laying plans for a massive youth outreach in 2009.
- 30 December-18 January, 2009...Larry & Sue in Mexico, teaching Mexican pastors and church workers (at the invitation of Indian Trails Mission). We allocated $3000 for ITM to help our own Buck Van Zandt finish construction of the Tabernacle at Naco Bible Training Centre, Naco, Mexico.
- 27 January-10 March, 2009...Larry & Sue in Africa, teaching at Kum Bible College and at Emmanuel Christian Church, Capetown, leadership training. We allocated a total of $3000 for the support of ECC and its desire to lead in the ministry training of Congolese refugees in Capetown. The money is to be sent in March ($1200), August ($1200), and December ($600) of 2008. KBC needs to be self-sufficient and has other sources of funding, now. Larry will completely hand over leadership of KBC and its associated work by mid-2009. Sue, likewise, will complete her development work at Sizani School at the same time.
- 11 March-31 December, 2009...Larry & Sue will take a furlough (R & R) during these months, after 42 years of constant ministry and 15 years of travel for world mission on 3 continents. During these months, they will visit partners and donor churches to give updates and extend gratitude for prayers and support. These are the tentaive plans.
- THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE DID ON SATURDAY WAS TO WORSHIP, SING, AND PRAY TOGETHER, BOTH AS WE BEGAN AND AT THE END OF THE BUSINESS MEETING. IT IS THAT COMMITMENT TO GIVE GLORY ONLY TO GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, THAT KEEPS US GOING AND WORKING BY EACH OTHERS' SIDE. WORSHIP & PRAYER WILL ALWAYS BE THE CENTERPIECE OF TIMOTHY MINISTRIES AND HER PEOPLE! Then we ate lunch, together.
- Our next annual mission gathering will likely be 25 April, 2009. THANK YOU AND GOD'S BLESSING TO EACH OF YOU WHO WALK WITH US! Philippians 1: 3-6.
To everyone, our love and thanks,